Nordhealth is a publicly listed and fast growing cloud-based healthcare SaaS company on a mission to redefine digital healthcare. We build practice management software that empowers veterinary and therapy professionals to provide the best possible care experiences to their patients. Our products serve more than 30,000 veterinary and therapy professionals across 7,000 clinics and hospitals located in over 25 countries with a goal to grow our user base to 150,000 by 2030.
Our US operations are growing fast and we need more fun and dynamic team members to help us scale our US operations. We are looking for a Data Migration Specialist, you will be working closely with the Implementation Team and our Provet Cloud developers and engineers who work in an Agile environment to formulate and execute data migration strategy. Build and document a detailed understanding of the existing legacy data (structures, locations, relationships, known challenges/edge cases, etc.) and migrate the data to a modernized system. Your main tasks include:
- Assist in planning, designing, and managing data migration process between cloud environments
- Develop best practices and standards for our team to effectively carry out data migration related activities, such as risk management, scheduling, and data-related requirements gathering
- Manage source to target data mapping between different data models
- Perform migration of clinical data from source to destination systems
- Coordinate with the customer for the post migration issues during the migration phase based on the scope of the migration type.
- Work with management to develop and improve processes and workflow within the team.
- Analyze the method of transforming existing data into a format for the new environment and the loading of this data into other database structures
- Review of existing migration tools and recommendations for improving the performance of the migration process
- Perform post-migration quality assurance, audits, reconciliation, and exception reporting
The position is a full-time permanent position and is fully remote (US-based).
If you are up for a challenge and like to constantly accelerate your skill level. We are the right place for you.
Qualifications we’re expecting from you:
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Bachelor’s degree required with 6 years of experience in data migration.
- Experience with relational database, data analysis, and data conversions
- Experience in consulting and involvement with data related projects
- Experience with database replication technologies
- Professional experience in Python development, especially Django development.
- Experience of MySQL/MariaDB databases
- Experience of Linux servers
- Knowledge of REST APIs and Webhooks
- Capability and motivation to learn quickly
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Previous work in the veterinary software industry would be an incredible advantage
What we are offering:
- Talented and engaged teammates from around the world
- Possibilities to grow both personally and professionally as we scale
- We offer learning platforms and training for all of our employees
- Work remotely from anywhere
- Flexible working hours
- Internet and phone bills covered
- Choose your own equipment, such as laptop, phone, and headphones
- Stipend to set up your home office
- Fully paid Health insurance, Vision, and Dental
- 401K match up to 6%
- Company trip to meet your fellow employees from around the world face to face (last year we all went to Berlin!)
- PTO and Sick Time
- Daily paid walks as part of our Wellness Plan
The salary range for this position is $65,000 - $90,000 annually. Final compensation for this role is determined by a variety of factors, such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.