Nordhealth is a publicly listed and fast growing cloud-based healthcare SaaS company on a mission to redefine digital healthcare. We build software that empower veterinary and therapy professionals to provide the best possible care experiences to their patients. Our products serve more than 30,000 veterinary and therapy professionals across 7,000 clinics and hospitals located in over 25 countries.
Headquartered in Helsinki, Finland, Nordhealth has a solid footprint in the Nordic region and a growing presence internationally, with more than 240 employees working either remotely or from offices (collaboration hubs). For more details visit the company’s website at nordhealth.com.
We’re now looking for a kind and empathetic design leader to join Nordhealth. As the leader of the Design organization, you will be responsible for scaling and supporting our design teams across different countries to deliver amazing customer experiences. You will co-create a standard of design excellence across our external branding and product experience across all platforms including web and mobile. You will also inspire innovation and influence the impact design can have on our organization.
- Collaborate with company leadership to create a standard of excellence across Nordhealth’s brand and product customer experience, bringing our vision to life.
- Work together with the Head of Design Systems, Viljami Salminen, to evolve our internal design system called Nord.
- Articulate and pursue a long-term vision for the Design organization, proactively anticipating possible future opportunities and problems.
- Co-create, with our product, engineering and business leaders, Nordhealth’s product strategy and unique means of delivering customer value.
- Serve as a role model for the design organization in representing Nordhealth’s values. As the leader of the Design organization, you will co-create a culture of empathy, safety and belonging where all voices feel and are heard.
- Manage the design team and freelancers as required and help develop our design team members.
- Foster a culture of excellence across our design teams, ensuring velocity without sacrificing craft.
- Work closely with product & design leadership and our talent acquisition specialist to attract the best designers, grow our diverse team, and help it thrive by allowing everyone to bring their unique strengths to bear on the problems we solve.
- Coach and mentor our leaders within design and cross-functionally to grow with Nordhealth.
- Coach the craft of design as it relates to strategy and detailed execution with teams.
- You have a successful track record of leading a design organization to deliver a delightful and cohesive user experience at scale.
- You have experience building high-performing design teams, with specific care to ensure that they operate in a way that produces the best outcomes for customers.
- Ability to develop design leaders, who are responsible for guiding teams of designers, managers and other leaders.
- Role model of cross-functional collaboration and customer orientation, action-orientation, and of leveraging those skills to achieve great results.
- Experience nurturing a work environment that allows everyone to bring their whole selves to work, and values diversity and inclusion.
- Highly empathetic and collaborative approach to leadership.
- Experience designing SaaS products.
What we offer
- Work/life balance
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Work remotely from anywhere
- 5 weeks of paid vacation
- Parental leave
- Macbook Pro, 5K screen, and anything else you need
- Stipend to set up your home office
- Latest software you need