Data Automation Engineering Team Lead
Remote From Anywhere - Europe Fully Remote
Nordhealth is a publicly listed and fast growing cloud-based healthcare SaaS company on a mission to redefine digital healthcare. We build software that empower veterinary and therapy professionals to provide the best possible care experiences to their patients. Our products serve more than 30,000 veterinary and therapy professionals across 7,000 clinics and hospitals located in over 25 countries.
Headquartered in Helsinki, Finland, Nordhealth has a solid footprint in the Nordic region and a growing presence internationally, with more than 240 employees working either remotely or from offices (collaboration hubs). For more details visit the company’s website at nordhealth.com.
We are looking for an Engineering Team Lead to build and grow our global data automation team. The team’s goal is to design and build comprehensive and easy-to-use data automation tools that enable our non-technical implementation specialist to revolutionize how we do data migrations from legacy veterinary practice management solutions (PMS) to our modern, cloud-based PMS, Provet Cloud.
It's a pivotal role that will help drive our future data strategies and grow our capacity to offer more value-added services to our customers. Today, we have a team of 3 data automation engineering, with a view of expanding to 10 in the next 12 months. We have a lot of good tools built today but we are looking to take it to the next level (i.e. have it so rock solid that non-technical people can run the migration). We are also going to have the data team working on lots of other cool stuff, data lakes, analytics, benchmarking etc.
In this role, you will be coordinating our global data migrations with our implementation teams. Your tasks include defining, coordinating, managing, and delivering Data Migration workstream for transformations of legacy software products to our Provet Cloud solution. Data Migration Lead will have the ownership of the overall data conversion approach for our product to ensure data migrations are globally performed at the most efficient methods.
- Architecting data migration from legacy and Cloud platforms to our system
- Development of data migration processes for Provet Cloud globally
- Ensuring the existence of an efficient process for relevant data consistency checks as part of our implementation processes
- Working with our country-based and central implementation teams to define needs for any manual data update process during new system deployments
- Manage the coordination and prompt responsiveness of data issue resolutions
- Researching the most efficient tools and methodologies for legacy products
- Hunger and excitement to lead, build, teach, learn and adapt
- Expert knowledge of data modelling with large and varied data sets
- Ability to quickly read data models and comprehend database structures and relationships
- Data science & automation, machine learning & AI
- Experience of utilizing REST APIs
- Experienced with setting up a range of tooling for automation
- Several years of experience in performing Data Migration projects & tools (eg. Frends)
- Experience in data manipulation tools and databases (eg. SQL)
- Software development tools & languages (eg. Python, PHP, C#)
- Ability to present and clearly summarise complex information efficiently
- Experience in project management
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Stakeholder management skills
- An empathetic and collaborative approach to leadership and mentoring
- Fluent in English
Job Location: Europe Remote +- 2hours Helsinki
Type: This is a full-time and permanent position. Reporting to Support & Data Migration Lead, Petri Pihlajamaa.
Salary: Competitive Salary and Benefits
Start date: As soon as possible