Nordhealth is a publicly listed and fast growing cloud-based healthcare SaaS company on a mission to redefine digital healthcare. We build software that empowers veterinary and therapy professionals to provide the best possible care experiences to their patients. Our products serve more than 30,000 veterinary and therapy professionals across 7,000 clinics and hospitals located in over 25 countries.
Headquartered in Helsinki, Finland, Nordhealth has a solid footprint in the Nordic region and a growing presence internationally, with more than 240 employees working either remotely or from offices (collaboration hubs). For more details visit the company’s website.
We’re now looking for a kind and empathetic Principal Designer to join Nordhealth to lead the product design work of our Veterinary products. As a Principal Designer, you will be responsible for leading the design direction of our Veterinary products, mentoring and coaching other designers, and also bringing in new ideas and perspectives to the day-to-day work. This is a hands-on role where you get to do a lot of actual design work as well.
- Lead the design direction of our Veterinary products, mentor and coach other designers, and bring in new ideas and perspectives to the day-to-day work.
- Contribute to the overall product and design direction of the whole company.
- Oversee and manage the work of other designers working on our Veterinary products.
- Establish a philosophy/mindset for how your team approaches its work.
- Work together with the Head of Design, Viljami Salminen, to evolve our internal design system called Nord.
- Create user flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity visuals for product features.
- Work closely with engineers to ensure a high-quality implementation.
- You have a successful track record with several years of experience designing interactive applications.
- Excellent visual, user interface and interaction skills.
- Experience nurturing a work environment that allows everyone to bring their whole selves to work, and values diversity and inclusion.
- Highly empathetic and collaborative approach to design.
- Passion for design and figuring out best in class solutions to different challenges.
- Good at articulating compelling visions and effectively advocating for design.
- Experience with design systems and designing SaaS products.
What we offer
- Work/life balance
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Work remotely from anywhere (EU timezones)
- 5 weeks of paid vacation
- Parental leave
- Macbook Pro, 5K screen, and any other devices you need
- Stipend to set up your home office
- Latest software you need