Data Migration Specialist (UK)
Nordhealth is a publicly listed and fast growing cloud-based healthcare SaaS company on a mission to redefine digital healthcare. We build software that empower veterinary and therapy professionals to provide the best possible care experiences to their patients. Our products serve more than 30,000 veterinary and therapy professionals across 7,000 clinics and hospitals located in over 25 countries.
Headquartered in Helsinki, Finland, Nordhealth has a solid footprint in the Nordic region and a growing presence internationally, with more than 240 employees working either remotely or from offices (collaboration hubs). For more details visit the company’s website at nordhealth.com.
What we're looking for
Our UK team is growing fast as we continue to scale our UK operations and we’re now looking for a Data Migration Specialist to help our customers transition to our Practice Management System, Provet Cloud. As part of our implementation team, you would work closely alongside customers and our development team to build and execute a migration strategy which supports our project deliveries. We’re looking for someone with a great eye for detail to build and document a thorough understanding of the data requirements from legacy systems to offer our customers a smooth transition to our modern practice management solution.
About the Role
Reporting to our Implementation Lead, you will take ownership of a key part of our implementation projects by planning, designing and managing the data migration from legacy systems and other cloud environments to Provet Cloud. You’ll have the opportunity to develop best-practice approaches to improve how we deliver our migration projects by maturing our processes in this area for the UK team.
- Assist in planning, designing, and managing data migration process between cloud environments.
- Develop best practices and standards for our team to effectively carry out data migration related activities, such as risk management, scheduling, and data-related requirements gathering.
- Manage source to target data mapping between a variety of data models
- Perform migration of clinical data from source to destination systems.
- Coordinate with the customer for the post migration issues during the migration phase based on the scope of the migration project.
- Work with the UK implementation team to develop and improve processes and workflows that improve our customers satisfaction.
- Review and help to improve existing migration tools and recommendations for improving the performance of the migration process.
- Perform post-migration quality assurance, audits, reconciliation, and exception reporting.
What’s required from you?
- Degree educated with demonstrable experience with data migrations.
- Experience in consulting and involvement with data related projects.
- Experience with database replication technologies.
- Professional experience in Python development, especially Django. In addition, knowledge of PHP and experience with migration platforms such as Frends would be highly desirable.
- Experience of MySQL/MariaDB databases.
- Experience of Linux servers.
- Knowledge of REST APIs and Webhooks.
- Capability and motivation to learn quickly.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Veterinary experience is highly desirable, but we would love to speak with you if you have Healthcare / SaaS project experience.
What will you get in return?
- Based remotely from anywhere in the UK.
- Highly competitive Salary.
- Choose your own equipment including laptop, phone and headphones
- Help to set up your home office for remote working.
- Flexible working hours.
- 28 days annual leave, on top of 8 days bank holiday.
- Join a fast-paced, high growth technology company and grow personally and professionally as we continue to scale globally.