Great user experience isn’t just a feature — it’s the whole product and the whole company; if it’s missing or lacking, then the job’s not done.
We’re growing our design team to support this mission and our fundamental goal of delivering great products and experiences so healthcare professionals all over the world can provide better care.
If you’re interested in meeting the unique challenges of the healthcare space, want to help lead Nordhealth’s continued growth and transformation to a design-focused company, and are comfortable working remotely then we’d love for you to join our team.
About this role
We’re looking for experienced, senior-level digital product designers to join us in solving problems and designing applications that help veterinarians and therapists all over the world to manage their practices, care for their patients, and grow their businesses.
Our current team setup is small, diverse, and distributed across the Europe. We have a lot of trust for everyone to work independently and asynchronously towards common goals, and we’re the best match for highly proactive and collaborative designers.
- This is a senior-level role, at around 6–8 years of experience.
- This role reports to a Design Manager.
- This is a permanent role.
- Take the lead in defining solution-focused features and improvements, and collaborate with designers, researchers, and product managers to bring the most impact to our customers.
- Conceive and create product workflows, wireframes, prototypes, and production-ready visuals to shape your team’s vision and meet business goals.
- Collaborate with developers to bring features to production, helping to ensure high-quality implementation and smart iteration beyond release.
- Contribute to the overall product development process and design direction of our veterinary or therapy products through your leadership in design thinking.
- Foster the adoption our Nord Design System in our products and contribute to its continued growth and evolution.
- Help to grow a highly-collaborative, design-focused culture by leading and participating in regular design review and discussion sessions.
- Mentor and coach other designers to help them grow their skills, extend their capabilities, and mature in their careers.
What we value
- Diverse interest in all things Design, from the basics of color, layout, and typography to specific areas like process, research, and content.
- Prior experience in product design and SaaS, and the ability to comprehensively think through workflows and interaction patterns to create impactful products and features.
- An autonomous and highly-proactive approach to your work, paired with the ability to rally and align others in solving defined problems.
- A second-nature capability to express concepts and through documentation, wire-framing, and prototyping to build understanding and alignment among diverse stakeholders.
- Strong stakeholder management skills and the ability to work closely with designers, researchers, product managers, developers, and others inside and out of your multi-disciplinary product team.
- A player-coach mindset, and the skill to help your design peers see problems more clearly combined with a willingness to jump in and work alongside them to solve problems together.
- A respectful, humble, and collaborative attitude focused on bringing to success to everyone—peer and customer.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in English, our primary working language.
What we offer
- A healthy work/life balance bolstered by the ability to work remotely.
- A competitive salary.
- 5 weeks of paid vacation.
- An Apple MacBook Pro, Studio Display 5K monitor, the work software you need, and more.
- A stipend to help you set up or improve your home office.
- A budget for your personal professional development.
- Company-paid team retreats.
Who we are
Nordhealth (OB:NORDH) is the leading provider of cloud-based practice management software (PMS) to therapy and veterinary professionals.
Over the last three years, we have grown our ARR and team size by almost 10x. Today, more than 30,000 therapy and veterinary professionals use our software everyday to help treat over 20 million patients annually across 25 countries. It’s been an exciting growth journey so far and we are just getting started.
Our mission is to enable healthcare professionals to deliver better patient care through software, with a goal to help serve over 200 million patients by 2030. In support of this growth mission, in May 2021, Nordhealth raised €120M through a public-listing on Euronext Growth Oslo stock exchange.
Nordhealth is a remote-first company, headquartered in Helsinki, Finland. Our 300 employees work either remotely or from offices/collaboration hubs. While our market presence is currently strongest in the Nordics, our customer base is rapidly growing in Europe and North America, with clients in Spain, the UK, the USA, and 22 others. For more details visit the company’s website at nordhealth.com.
Please note that applications without a portfolio won't be considered. Want to know more about the role and requirements before applying? Feel free to send us an email with any questions you might have.