The service for handling recruitments and simplifying the hiring process (the "Service") is powered by
Business ID: 2162673-1
Address: Aleksanterinkatu 30-34, 00100 HELSINKI
("Controller" “we” “us” etc.).
Contact person for register matters
Name: Nelli Rovamaa
Address: Aleksanterinkatu 30-34, 00100 HELSINKI
2. Collection of personal data
We are responsible for the processing of the personal data that the Users contribute to the Service, or for the personal data that we in other ways collect in connection with recruiting. The Users’ personal data is processed with the purpose of managing and facilitating recruitment of employees to our business.
When and how we collect personal data
We collect personal data about Users from Users when Users;
- make an application through the Service or otherwise, adding personal data about themselves either personally or by using a third-party source such as Facebook or LinkedIn; and
- use the Service to connect with our staff, adding personal data about themselves either personally or by using a third-party source such as Facebook or LinkedIn.
- provides identifiable data in the chat (provided through the website that uses the Service) and such data is of relevance to the application procedure.
We collect data from third parties, such as Facebook, LinkedIn and through other public sources. This is referred to as “Sourcing” and be manually performed by our employees or automatically in the Service.
The types of personal data collected and processed
We process the following personal data in connection with the recruitment register:
- basic information such as first name, date of birth, language, username and/or other identifier, password;
- contact details such as private email address, private phone number, home address;
- information regarding the position in question such as information of the nature and type of the employment and information of the contact persons designated for the application process, salary request, information of the beginning of the job. More specific details appear in the job search advertisement;
- important information regarding suitability that you have provided us in connection with the recruitment process and other information of yourself, your background etc. such as a photograph,
- information regarding study and education, occupation, information regarding work history (such as employers, starting date and duration of employment and nature of the duties), language skills, other special skills and competence, description of personal features, different kinds of certificates and evaluations and references to the portfolios, profiles and other sources on the Internet and references and personality and aptitude assessments performed based on your consent and information regarding them;
- information regarding the proceeding of the recruitment process such as information of following interviews or the interruption of the recruitment process;
- other possible information that you have provided us voluntarily in connection with the recruitment process or specifically published for professional purposes, such as a LinkedIn profile or information we have separately collected based on your consent.
Providing personal data is a prerequisite for us to be able to facilitate recruitment.
Purpose and lawfulness of processing
The purpose of the collecting and processing of personal data is to manage recruiting. The lawful basis of the processing of personal data is our legitimate interest to simplify and facilitate recruitment. In some instances, the processing of your personal data can also be based on the consent you have given us.
Personal data that is processed with the purpose of aggregated analysis or market research is always made unidentifiable. Such personal data cannot be used to identify a certain User. Thus, such data is not considered personal data.
By rule, we do not disclose data from the register to external parties, unless we have requested and gotten your consent for the disclosure of data for e.g. aptitude assessments. We disclose personal data in a manner permitted and obligated by the current legislation to parties, who based on legislation, collective agreements and/or contract have the right to receive data from the register, such as the employment authorities. We may also disclose data for other purposes in accordance with the Finnish legislation.
We process data ourselves and use subcontractors for processing personal data on our behalf. We use subcontractors for the processing of personal data in the following fields:
- HR and recruitment services, e.g. Teamtailor
- Financial services, incl. payroll and accounting
- IT management
Storage and transfers
The personal data collected through the Service is stored and processed inside the EU/EEA, such third country that is considered by the European Commission to have an adequate level of protection, or processed by such suppliers that have entered into such binding agreements that fully comply with the lawfulness of third country transfers or to other supplies where the adequate safeguards are in order to protect the rights of the data subjects whose data is transferred.
How long the personal data will be processed
If a User does not object, in writing, to the processing of their personal data, the personal data will be stored and processed by us as long as we deem it necessary with regards to the purposes stated above. Note that an applicant (User) may be interesting for future recruitment and for this purpose we may store Users’ Personal Data until they are no longer of value as potential recruitments. If you as a User wish not to have your Personal Data processed for this purpose (future recruitment) please contact us using the contact details in paragraph 1.
3. Users’ rights
Users have the right to request information about the personal data that is processed by us, by notifying us in writing, using the contact details under paragraph 1. Users have the right to one (1) copy of the processed personal data which belongs to them without any charge. For further demanded copies, Controller has a right to charge a reasonable fee on the basis of the administrative costs for such demand.
Users have the right to, if necessary, rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning that User, via a written request, using the contact details in paragraph 1.
The User has the right to demand deletion or restriction of processing, and the right to object to processing based on legitimate interest under certain circumstances.
The User has the right to revoke any consent to processing that has been given by the User to Controller. Using this right may however, mean that the User can not apply for a specific job or otherwise use the Service.
User has the right to lodge a complaint to the supervisory authority regarding the processing of personal data relating to him or her, if the User considers that the processing of personal data infringes the legal framework of privacy law.
The systems containing personal data are only used by persons who are authorized to process the personal data as part of their duties. The register is protected with the necessary technical and organisational precautions. Each user has a personal username and password to the systems. The data is collected into databases that are protected with firewalls, passwords and other technical measures.
5. Transfer of personal data to third party
We will not sell or otherwise transfer Users’ personal data to third parties.
We may transfer Users’ Personal Data to;
- our contractors and sub-contractors, acting as our Processors and Sub-Processors in accordance with our instructions, for the provision of the Service;
- authorities or legal advisors in case criminal or improper behaviour is suspected; and
- authorities, legal advisors or other actors, if required by us according to law or authority’s injunction.
We will only transfer Users’ personal data to third parties that we have confidence in. We carefully choose partners to ensure that the User’s personal data is processed in accordance with current privacy legislation.
We cooperate with the following categories of processors of personal data; Teamtailor, who supplies the Service, server and hosting companies, e-mail reference companies, video processing companies, information-sourcing companies, analytical service companies and other companies with regards to suppling the Service.
For questions, further information about our handling of personal data or for contact with us in other matters, please use the contact details stated in paragraph 1.